rik-rat corn pile

Friday, July 8, 2011

its been a good bird week.

This Robin, named Bandit Rodchester, has a zip tie on his ankle. My only guess is someone hand raised him before he flew the coop. He's been hanging out at the campsite for over two weeks. I can hand feed him mulberries.
These are the turkey vultures of Buzzard Island. I don't know why they hang out on the wood pile but sometimes there's as many as 50 turkey vultures walking around. It's pretty gruesome.
Cranes from the wall of Fongs Pizza.
Iowa has pelicans. This still shocks me. Why are you here? Why?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you see so many birds. I love birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, man. you would love it here. The orioles are everywhere...the goldfinch are yellow again. And I've already seen a handfull of ruby throated hummingbirds. Apparently they migrate from Mexico, that's a long flight for such a tiny bird.

    ReplyDelete