Monday, January 28, 2013
No. Sleep. Till Brooklyn...or Peoria, Illinois (in my case).
1. Wake up at 7am. I have to be in Peoria, Illinois by 1:30pm to meet my friend, Bruce. Bruce and I are going to perfect the new website we've been working on over the past few months.
2. Hop into the car at 8:30am and drive 3 hours to Galesburg, Illinois where I spend 300 freaking dollars on art supplies. I leave the store feeling very, very, poor. I hit the gas, I'm still forty minutes from P-Town and I've got a schedule to keep.
3. I pull up to Bruce's house at exactly 1:30 (and I am completely astonished, I predicted this well), wipe the gunk outta my eyes and get down to the nitty-gritty. I plug in words, numbers, organize images, and learn how to run my own website. Bruce is a God. I feel confidant that the new website will be beautiful...the best part? I can update everything on my own. I feel so empowered.
4. Its now almost 4pm and I have a date with Elizabeth. I haven't seen her in years. I grab some coffee for our coffee date, go to her house, meet her new cats, we wax nostalgic, and then we hug goodbye (the cool coin is a gift from Elizabeth!). It was a short visit but a positive one.
5. Wow, it's already 5! I hustle to the casino in East Peoria where I meet Rik. We (he) gamble for a minute before our STEAK dinner. The casino rewarded Rik's patronage with free steak! I ate a Filet Mignon. That damn piece of meat cost 38 dollars. Thanks, Rik! Next time I see you the steak is on me!
6. Oh god! It's already 7! I have to drive across town to meet up with my ol' college buddies. Juice, Steve, Shannon, Rishika, Jessi, Beth, Tony, Steven, and I sit on the floor of his kitchen and laugh for two hours! It was so lovely to see everyone. I miss everyone so much. It's all about quality time, not quantity time.
7. If it wasn't for the predicted ice storm I would have spent the night. I left Peoria at 10pm and made it to Iowa by 1:45 where I was greeted by my fella', our dog, and a big ass pot of beef stew.
So, wow. I can't believe I did all that in less than 24 hours, I managed to do everything on my list and do it exactly on time. I was so pooped on Sunday that I could barely move. But I managed to mix business with pleasure and I feel happier because of it...Also, I failed to mention all the cool things I saw while I was driving.
1. four coyotes. two of them were perhaps courting. They ran in front of my car and I almost hit them going 60. Damn were they fluffy and beautiful.
2. A huge bald eagle flew above my car for 1 minute. It was HUGE.
3. I almost hit a hawk. The hawk was so close to my windshield I could see it's cloaca. TMI? Who gives a fuck?
4. A herd of 40 + whitetail deer.