rik-rat corn pile

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

As you guys now know, I collected a lot of pins at the Potentates Ball (if you don't know this, its two blog posts down). As unfortunate as it sounds, I wasn't able to collect them all while I was attending the formal event.
I recieved a letter in the mail yesterday. This doesn't happen often and I was curious...who sent me this letter? Then I remembered. I ran into a woman at the Potentates ball and she was pin-laden. I asked her how she got all of them and she told me,

"just by existing."

Then she asked for my address. She said she'd send me a few pins. I thought nothing more of the interaction. But, damnit, that wonderful woman sent me two pins in the mail. I was tickled. What a nice gesture from a lovely lady. =

Sometimes I'm impressed by people's kindness.

2 comments:

  1. One day you can be the elderly lady that mails pins to curious young ladies at formal events :) Or the crazy lady bouncing around in a Zumba class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to be the elderly lady that gives hard candies to random children. I'm going to be totally creepy.

    always in a rocking chair. Always wearing a jean jacket covered with the collections from my youth.

    ReplyDelete