rik-rat corn pile

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Let's Put Another Echidna on the Barbie.

In the 1960's the Australians made a perfect decision.  They chose to feature their country's amazing wildlife on their currency. here's the list.

  • 1 cent = Feather Tailed Glider
  • 2 cent = Frill Neck Lizard
  • 5 cent = Echidna
  • 10 cent = Lyre Bird
  • 20 cent = Platypus
  • 50 cent = Australian Coat of Arms inc. kangaroo and emu
My buddy randomly found this 5 cent piece while he was searching for vending machine change in his car.  He knew I was a coin nut and showed it to me...I stole it and scanned it.  Ta-Daaaaaa!

7 comments:

  1. It looks like a sloth and a hedgehog. It's pretty cool though. I have seen people make magnets and frame their coin collections. I liked the magnet idea, but then F-Palooza gets them and feeds them to the dog. :( Rotten is having trouble walking past the fridge these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, oh you guys.

    I'm too much of a stuck up coin nerd to slap a magnet on one...although it would look pretty badass.

    Maybe i would do that. hmmmm. something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there were some crazy old swedish coins in the museum in uppsala and they made me think of you. i took photos but they look like crap because i'm no photographer ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM SO MAD AT YOU FOR NOT BEING A TRAINED PHOTOGRAPHER...p.s hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZwa1Funh0#t=4m17s

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! who knew Zappa found a muse in an echidna's arf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ever see the baby ones? they look like Max Rebo

      Delete