rik-rat corn pile

Friday, February 11, 2011

It was going to happen...eventually. The whole "hitting a deer" thing. The sensations weren't great. A quick peripheral view of fur followed by a loud thump, followed by no airbags, followed by confusion, and man was it dark outside. Cold to boot.

That morning, a small doe caused 5,000 bucks worth of damage in a split second. I could post a picture of the damage but I'd rather post a picture of whitetail photographed from the passenger's seat of the Ford a week or two before the accident. It was a peaceful moment.

Damn, herbivores.

4 comments:

  1. I could only hope that I would do so much damage to a car that hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was like hitting a bag of meat at 65 mph. HORRIFYING. your hackles would have gone up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a bummer about the deer. Sorry. I hope that never happens to me. However... the picture you have of the peaceful deer is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for insurance, right?

    watch out for elk! ;)

    ReplyDelete