rik-rat corn pile

Thursday, November 10, 2011

the iowa whitetail.

The young bucks of Lake Miami.
Don't you just love fall? I certainly do. The best part for me?... rutting season. Rutting season is that magical time of the year when the whitetail deer decide its time to get it on. When the deer decide to make some babies they make their presence known to the general population of Iowa. The deer are, literally, everywhere. They're on the side of the road, in front of my car, littering empty corn fields, in my backyard, they're even by the damn bowling alley...throw a stone, you could hit an Iowa Whitetail. Just try not to hit them with your car.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it, pal. I saw a buck this morning...well, sort of. He was pretty far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been spending a lot of time squirrel-watching on campus lately. it's surprising how many different sizes and shapes those little guys come in, and colors. we have a lot of silver squirrels, but nothing as cool as the albino guy we saw in minneapolis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. check this shit out.

    http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/tree_squirrels.html

    Nothing will ever be as good as that albino. Good eye, rachel. I would have never seen one if it wasn't for you.

    ReplyDelete