rik-rat corn pile

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Studio Time.


I'm almost finished with my 6th piece in the new body of work.  I feel like I need to pat myself on the back for ten minutes and give myself a hug.  It's not easy to get your focus on after working a 7-4 job that requires a full day of standing.  But I'm doing it. 

I've finally found a good work routine.  I create two drawings.  I pick one and work out all the compositional kinks and get it ready to paint.  While I paint that piece I go back to the other drawing and work out it's kinks...that way I don't get too bored painting and have multiple puzzles to solve.  It's a pretty great plan, it ensures that I always have something to work on and that there isn't any lag time.

My brain hurts today.

8 comments:

  1. i like your palate! excited to see the new work, and keep me posted about the upcoming shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You best be at the Omaha one in Febs. We'll jump on the hotel beds and draw dirty pictures in the Gideons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I told you that you had a nice body of work, would you hold it against me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! ...but to answer your question, yes. yes I would. As long as your body is archival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the little sneak peek into the artist studio :) I like the behind the scenes thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to paint in the kitchen. it smells nice in there...when I remember to take out the garbage.

      Delete
  6. nothing makes a better easel than a doggie kennel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! I was wondering if anyone would notice. That damn dog pooped on the carpet yesterday...he NEVER does that.

    ReplyDelete