rik-rat corn pile

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Turkey Feathers and a Kind Vet.

I've been pretty bummed out this week.  My trip to central Illinois was wonderful and it was great to see my mom, brothers, and friends.  The jaunt was a nice distraction from my feelings but the weight of my childhood dog's passing and the health problems of our current dog is testing me now that I'm home again.

Mudd had another mild seizure last night and he has an ear infection.  I went to the vet at noon to pick up more medicine and the vet tech couldn't answer all my questions...it bummed me out (even though I know she isn't allowed to answer questions, that's the vet's job).

I decided to take a walk at a nearby nature preserve to calm down.  I found a turkey feather and a jawbone...and then I saw a woman in scrubs walking in the distance.  The woman in scrubs waved at me and I recognized her as my vet.  She approached me and I reintroduced myself because people out of context sometimes don't register.  I asked if it was ok if I asked her a few questions about Mudd and immediately started to tear up from stress and she touched my shoulder and said,

"Let's talk this through.  It's going to be fine."

Doc calmed my fears and we watched a deer walk across the road.  At that point I felt better and I decided to let her go on her merry way.  I was still kind of shocked by the coincidence and the kindness she showed towards me.  She is a kind person.  I walked to my car, finally content, and a spot covered baby deer crossed my path.  I hope that's good luck.

Have an excellent day.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Can you tell I'm a little stressed. My mom told me to Chill the fuck out or my dog will absorb my stress. She's right ya know.

      I am feeling a lot better today. Much, Much better.

      Thanks for the "it'll be ok," though. you're the best.

      Delete
  2. I think you are right... it was good luck. PS I like nice people.... I wish there were more kind people like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was exactly what I needed at the exact moment. Pretty crazy stuff.

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear things seem to be okay. Deep breaths. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so many deep breaths. my long weekend helped a lot. love to you, pal.

      Delete
  4. aw sorry that mudd's not doing so hot. we should talk soon, i miss you and want to hear about what's going on. sending you and the pup good vibes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, rachel. I'll call you tonight. We shall chat. Thanks for the good puppy vibes.

      Delete