rik-rat corn pile

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vintage Coke Bottles and a Strange Owl.

Someone enlighten me.  I have no idea what this is.  It's an antique but that's as far as I've gotten.

The coke bottle was made in 1923.  The Pepsi bottles are pretty old as well.

A broken Native American Artifact and three fossils.
This summer has been horrendously hot.  The earth is dry and the water in the river is incredibly low.  There are some perks to having the water low, things that have been hidden under the water for years and years are finally exposed.  It's a good time to be a pirate and walk the river bank looking for treasure.

And treasure is what I found. We did some cyber sleuthing and found out that the Coke Bottle is ridiculously old.  The internet says it's from around 1923 (-1931) and I always believe the internet...

Along with the vintage bottles (and fossils and arrowheads remnants), I found this really strange owl.  I have no idea what it's origins are but I'm assuming it came from a bed post.  It was pretty cool to pull it out of the water, it's quite the find.

4 comments:

  1. vintage coke bottles are totally in. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, this one is super old. and it weighs a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shtuff! love the bird thingie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom! If you can figure out what it is I'll send you three, count them, three dollars.

    ReplyDelete